Thursday, August 20, 2009

1st day of Kindergarten, 4th grade and middle school

School started today!

Jordan actually went out the door first but I forgot to take her picture. It was rainy and lightening was going on over our house so we sat at the end of the street in the car and waited for the bus.
Morgan and Tori were excited to get going. If only every morning of school went as smoothly as the first day of school mornings go....you know the kids get ready really fast without all the struggle to get them out the door in time.
Anxiously watching for the bus to come. Morgan and Tori also got the taxi ride to the end of the street because of the rain.
Off to school on the big yellow bus. Morgan did really well with the bus and was excited about her first day of Kindergarten. Until she got to school and I walked her into her classroom, then the brakes went on and I had to coax her into the class. Luckily, the teacher came to my aid just as the water works started with Morgan. WHEW, I got out of there just in time before my own water works started. Afterall, Morgan has been my little companion through alot of changes in our family. Of course though when she got home it was all grins and laughter as she told/reenacted her first day of Kindergarten. However, she has already decided the black haired lunch lady is MEAN!
Jordan after her first day of middle school. She had an exciting day also, for some reason the school took her off their records because they claim they were informed she was moving to Nevada this week. HMMMM...I sense some serious miscommunication between elementary and middle school. After sitting in the office for 2 hours and being sent to 7th grade not 6th grade, she finally got re-enrolled and is now officially in 6th grade.
As for me, well I enjoyed a VERY quiet house and for the first few hours didn't really know what to do with my time. I quickly got into gear though and did some cleaning up that has been neglected due to our playing for the past few weeks. But, I'm tired tonight...this getting up at 6:30 with Jordan is going to KILL me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin good, Love you Grandpa & Grandma

Diana said...

Such pretty girls!!