Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mom, What's Hot Chocolate?

Chad is keeping our place as frigid as possible so it will stay cool when/if we loose power. So I told him we needed some hot chocolate. Afterall, it is a VERY rainy day and we are cooped up in the house. I turned to Morgan for an affirmative "yes, we need hot chocolate" only to be asked "what's hot chocolate?" Geez, I forgot I took my toodler of 2 years old, who is now nearing 5 and brought her to the warm tropical island of the caribbean where there is no need for such luxuries as hot chocolate. That is all it took, Chad braved the rain and jumped in the car to run to the last of the open grocery stores to buy some hot chocolate for Morgan.

She was thrilled to have this delicious drink. She just kept saying this is YUMMY!!! I like hot chocolate!
They don't have any instant hot chocolate here so Chad made the real stuff with chocolate chips and milk! We even made real whipped cream to go on top.

4 comments:

Jen said...

There are so many things I would trade to live on a beautiful tropical island.... but I have to say Hot Chocolate would NOT be one of them!!

How fun! What a great memory - hot cocoa in a hurricane!!

It's All About the Benjamin's said...

MMMMM I think I'm going to make me some right now!

. said...

One never knows what we miss until we decide we want it... But HOT Chocolate is a FAVE for everyone...GREAT GRAMMA MORRIS loves hot chocolate.

Unknown said...

I am with you there. We noticed last winter that here in San Antonio, we didn't drink nearly as much hot chocolate as usual. There was only 1 really cold month, so we made sure to have it then. I think this will always be a fun memory for all of you. The other girls will be so jealous that they missed the hurricane. And, I remember when you moved there saying that there hadn't ever been a hurricane hit St Kitts. I guess it must be you!